Thursday, October 30, 2008

House on the River


More often than not I find myself hankering for hot noodles after a night out drinking in town.  Enter Ruen Pair, one of a string of Thai restaurants occupying a mini-mall in Thai Town.  It's the one on the right when you drive into the mini-mall with the bright green signage.



Ruen Pair in Thai means “House on the River” which is accordingly appropriate since we got some Thai Boat Noodles,  that is usually served by those boats in the floating markets and along the river in Thailand.  The noodle is very hearty with beef slices, beef balls, tripe, liver and a brown soup base thickened with beef blood.  Delicious and spicy just right for a quick pick-me-up  after a night out in the bars and clubs.



We also got some Shrimp Cakes,  light crispy with a sweet and sour sauce dip.  I've been to Ruen Pair several times and my favorite dish from their menu is the Black Egg with Chili and Thai Basil, that is the bomb!

Ruen Pair
5257 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027

2 comments:

e d b m said...

This is my go to joint for midnight munchies. There Thai Boat Noodles are pretty good and damn cheap. If you like pork jerky with sticky rice, try theirs, it's really good with beer. Like their fried egg salad too!

jepot said...

Next time, I'll try the pork jerky with beer. Thanks!